Those of us with sensitive skin seem to wonder why acne comes and goes. If you want to limit problems with acne, you have to pay attention to how you’re supporting your skin. But not to worry, limiting acne can be done simply by following these few lifestyle tips and a basic cleansing regimen…
We have to say it; you need to exercise regularly. It will help you reduce the stress and toxins that can lead to acne. A healthy sweat will clear your pores, boost oxygen to the skin and give you a radiance all over that acne can’t latch onto.
Drink lots of water
Water helps keep skin cells healthy, and get the toxins out of the body.
Limit dirt and oil accumulation on the face
- Avoid touching your face
- Clean all makeup brushes often
- Shampoo your hair regularly/Don’t let your hair rest on your face too much
Do not irritate the skin
- Use makeup that is designed for sensitive skin
- Always remove your makeup before bed. For best results, use Purifying Charcoal Organic Cleanser to remove makeup and dirt without over-cleansing
- Use sunscreen
- Don’t pick and squeeze at blemishes
Basic cleansing regimen to make acne go away!
- Three times a week, wet a clean washcloth with very warm water. Hold the washcloth over your face for about 5 minutes to open up the pores (rewet the washcloth every minute with warm water).
- Morning and night, cleanse with warm water and Purifying Charcoal Organic Cleanser using gentle circular strokes. Rinse.
- After cleansing, saturate a cotton ball with Calming Chamomile Organic Cleanser which contains tea tree oil and calming ingredients for sensitive skin. Tea tree has long been known for its antimicrobial activity in treating acne lesions and preventing acne from appearing.
- Moisturize using Rejuvenating MSM Organic Moisturizer which contains natural anti-inflammatory ingredients and ingredients that promote a clear complexion.
Organic Cleanser #2
Purifying charcoal unites with MSM and tea extract for a deep clean that doesn’t break down your skin’s natural lipid barrier.
Organic Toner #1
Tone your pores with calming ingredients and tea tree for an even, clear complexion.
Organic Moisturizer #2
Promote a clear complexion and soothe sensitive skin with rejuvenating MSM and aloe.
Other Key Ingredients in this Regimen:
Organic Aloe Extract (Aloe barbadensis)
Aloe vera improves hydration is soothing and healing to all skin types. It has renowned healing and anti-inflammatory properties as it can soothe the skin and help heal cuts, grazes, burns and insect bites.
A surfactant that comes from coconut oil. Surfactants allow water to wash away the oil and dirt from your skin by decreasing the surface tension of water and making it easier to wet your face. Unlike some surfactants, betaine is not harsh on the skin.
Considered the most effective adsorbent material in the world today. It soaks up chemicals and toxins preventing them from being absorbed into your system and causing harm. It is placed in cosmetics to soak in all the hazards your skin encounters and lifts them away from your body. Commonly used in cleansers, masks and gels.
Rooibos Extract (Aspalathus linearis)
Rooibos Extract has anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, and Free Radical Scavenging properties, based on its unique composition -polyphenol antioxidants, including flavonoids and phenolic acids that are potent free radical scavengers.
Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis)
Jojoba for centuries to treat sores, cuts, burns, as a conditioner and for all over skin and hair treatments
Tocopherol (Vitamin E)
Acts as a free radical scavenger, hinders the oxidizing process in the skin and promotes soft and supple skin. As an antioxidant it defends the skin and promotes healing, reduces roughness, cracking and irritation.