Are you consistently on the run these days? Think you don’t have the time that it takes to ensure that you are covering the healthy, skin care basics? Take a moment to read these 5 tips that will greatly improve your skin care regimen…
When you’re on the go, you need to, at the very least, pamper yourself with the basics. There is no better way to delay the natural aging process and avoid skin problems than following some good skin practices while making healthy lifestyle choices. Get started with these effectual 5 tips.
1. Be gentle with your skin
Daily cleansing (or shaving for men) can be harmful to your skin. To keep it gentle you should:
- Avoid strong soaps - Strong soaps and detergents tend to strip oil from your skin and can damage it over time. Instead, choose mild cleansers like our Organic Cleansers.
- Watch your bath time - Hot water and long baths remove oils from your skin and contribute to poor skin conditions. Prevent long bath or shower time and use warm, rather than hot water and you’ll start to see results.
- Shave cautiously - To protect and lubricate your skin use shaving cream or gel before shaving sessions. Always shave in the direction that the hair grows and not against it. A sharp and clean razor will improve results as well.
- Moisturize dry skin - If your skin is dry, use one of our moisturizers that fits your skin type.
- Pat dry - After showering or bathing, pat or blot your skin dry retain moisture on your skin instead of scrubbing dry.
2. Maintain a healthy diet
Making healthy diet part of your routine can help you look and feel your best. Eating plenty of fruits, whole grains, vegetables, and lean proteins is a winning scenario. Research suggests that diets rich in vitamin C and low in unhealthy fats and processed or refined carbohydrates promote younger looking skin as a whole.
3. Keep your stress levels in check
Uncontrolled stress can make your skin more sensitive. It can set off acne breakouts and other skin health problems. Take preventative steps to manage your stress. Scale back your to-do list and make time to do the things you enjoy in addition to necessary errands. The results should be more dramatic than you would expect.
4. No smoking for healthy skin
Smoking has been proven to cause skin to look older and contributes to wrinkling. How? It narrows the tiny blood vessels in the outermost layers of skin causing a decrease in blood flow. The outcome caused is a depletion in the skin of nutrients and oxygen that are important to your skin’s health. Smoking also damages collagen and elastin which is needed to give your skin its strength and elasticity. Quit smoking and you will add to the success of maintaining a more youthful appearance.
5. Keep yourself safe from the sun
A lifetime of sun exposure can cause wrinkles, age spots, and other skin problems. It contributes to the increased risk of skin cancer over your lifetime. For the best, complete sun protection:
- Use a sunscreen - Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 when you are outdoors.
- Find shade and protection - Avoid the sun when the sun’s rays are at their strongest.
- Protective clothing - Cover your skin with long-sleeved shirts, pants and wide-brimmed hats when you are out for long exposure times.
Keeping in mind these 5 steps will improve your chances of living a healthier life while keeping those good looks and healthy skin we all want. Incorporating an organic skin care regime will help you ward off the harmful effects our your environment while not taking up too much of your valuable time. Let’s face it, we all have some serious living to do!